"I walk before God simply, in faith, with humility, and with love. I apply myself diligently to do nothing and think nothing which may displease Him. I hope that when I have done what I can, He will do with me what He pleases."
i have been reading Practicing His Presence. i feel an
odd yet exciting urgency to live what Paul said in
1 Corinthians 2:2: For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
And again i am so thankful for the grace of God.
21 Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God’s place in your hearts.
and 1 John 3:20:
20 Even if we feel guilty, God is greater than our feelings, and he knows everything.
i love 5:21 because it is a continual reminder to have NO idols. For some reason it's easy for me to put things before Christ in my life even though i know ultimately He is the only thing that will truly fulfill me.
i love 3:20 because it's helpful to me, being a girl :)
Even though i am NOT an outwardly emotional girl i still tend to rely on my feelings a lot... my emotions a lot. i LOVE this verse. God is greater than my feelings! It's encouraging.
He is so constant. So faithful!
( this is my friend cameron... you should listen to his music. He's good and i'm so proud of him!!!)
Here are the rules:
1. the rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. each player answers the questions about himself or herself.
3. at the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. ten years ago I was doing...
well i was ten years old... this means i had no life, i played in the ditch outside my house all the time and i was a major tom-boy.
2. Five Things on Today's To Do List:
1. fly home.
2. spend much-needed time with my Jesus.
3. pass out cheap gifts from cali.
4. get sick from being on a plane.
5. drink cooooffee!!!
3. Things I'd do if I were a billionaire
i would pay off my loans... and give money away. and be cool... wow, these are the worst answers EVER. i hate this game.
4. Three Bad Habits...
1. i twirl my hair constantly.
2. i am a VERY aggressive driver.
3. i say about three phrases over and over without realizing it... it's annoying.
5 Places you've lived:
Overland Park, KS
6. 5 jobs I've had in life:
1. JCPenney (barf)
2. Vic's Popcorn (best job ever)
3. OEIE (barf)
4. Adrian's Cafe (loved it... untill it got creepy.)
5. NewSpring Church (liked it)
Wow... i have no life.
But i did go to disneyland today.