5.15.2008

i have read 1 John about three times in the last two weeks.
Each time there is a verse or two that GRABS my attention!

This time it was these two:
1 John 5:21:

 21 Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God’s place in your hearts.

and 1 John 3:20:

20 Even if we feel guilty, God is greater than our feelings, and he knows everything.

i love 5:21 because it is a continual reminder to have NO idols. For some reason it's easy for me to put things before Christ in my life even though i know ultimately He is the only thing that will truly fulfill me.

i love 3:20 because it's helpful to me, being a girl :) 

Even though i am NOT an outwardly emotional girl i still tend to rely on my feelings a lot... my emotions a lot. i LOVE this verse. God is greater than my feelings! It's encouraging. 

He is so constant. So faithful! 

SO GOOD.

p.s. http://www.myspace.com/cameronernst

 ( this is my friend cameron... you should listen to his music. He's good and i'm so proud of him!!!)

No comments: